Brief history of the Chair
The organizer and the first head of the Chair (from 1992 to 1996) was the Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor Boris Petrovich Pritchin.
The foundation of the Chair was preceded by multi-year scientific and pedagogical activity of Professor P.N. Torsky, Professor B.P. Pritchin, Associate Professor O.N. Golubintsev, Associate Professor V.V. Denisenko, as well as by the establishment of geophysical, exploration drilling and mining laboratories on the basis of the Chair of “Mineral deposits and exploration” at the Mining and Geological Department.
The first mining engineers and geophysicists graduated from the NPI in 1996. Since 1996 up to the present, the Chair is headed by the Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences Alexander Yakovlevich Tretyak.
The present day Chair
Current name the Chair received in 2015 as a result of the merger of two Chairs - "Oil and gas well drilling" (1992) and "Oilfield and mining machinery and equipment" (1934).